Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Well I don't have a whole lot to report today since I spent most of the day at work. Andrew was off and got some work done at the house as well as doing some prep for my dad's arrival tomorrow. He was able to install all the new door knobs which will match all our brushed nickel light fixtures. I think they look pretty good, and at 6 bucks a piece you can't beat it!














The wood for the new floors was delivered today while Andrew was off, so it was exciting to get that and start to envision it in the room. Apparently it is supposed to "acclimate" for several days and sit in the climate where its going to be installed. We didn't know this until recently and unfortunately it's only going to have about 2 days to acclimate but it should be ok. We also went to Home Depot after I got off work and picked out the tiles for the master bathroom. It's just a plain white ceramic tile, but I really like it and think it will have a clean look. And it was only 99 cents a square foot! You know I love a bargain! Here is a shot of the wood "acclimating" in the boxes.



I was able to finish the first coat of paint in the half bath downstairs. This was tricky because the room is small and when I put the ladder in there it takes up almost all the space so it makes maneuvering around pretty difficult. I will try to get the second coat done tomorrow so we can be done with all the green! Marika also came by to see the house for the first time while we were over there tonight, so it was fun to get to show her around. I think we are going to make a pallet for her in the closet to sleep on when she moves in... anyway...

Tomorrow my dad gets in a little after noon and then we kick it into high gear. In the afternoon the contractor is coming by the house to talk to Andrew and my dad about some of the work. Hopefully we can get it scheduled for next week so we can start thinking about moving in sometime! Probably the biggest project that my dad and Andrew will work on is tiling the master bathroom. While we are doing the wood in a larger area, putting the wood floors down shouldn't be as difficult as the tile job. Hopefully we can maximize the time that my dad has here and get a lot done. We also need his help with changing a lot of the light fixtures.

Oh yeah, one last thing... tonight on the way over to the house we were driving behind the weirdest contraption I have ever seen. Since I had my camera with me I whipped it out and tried to get a few shots. I got a pretty good one from behind, and once they turned I tried to get a side view but didn't get it time. You can see the "vehicle" to the left on the edge of the windshield. It had two tires in the back but only one in the front so I'm not sure if it was some kind of motorized bike with a cab on the back... anyway, it was weird! Anyone have any idea what this is??







It's after midnight now and way past my bed time! Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that green color you are using! Pretty house! Katie