Monday, September 1, 2008

September

It's September 1st and I can't believe it. I also can't think of September with out this song coming to mind... truely a classic. ;)



Today was another long day of working at the house. Last night I talked to my sister on the phone and she said her and my brother in law missed the "novels" I used to write on here when I first started. I don't have too much to write the past few days because it could all be summarized in a short sentence: we worked. In this case I guess a pictures is a worth a thousand words. Here are several thousand words from today:



























We finished painting the kitchen and family room and are really happy with the results. We are doing the same green in the half bath downstairs. I've gotten about halfway done with the first coat. Andrew continued on his quest op ripping up flooring. There was a small tiled area in the master bath that he had to break apart. He removed the toilet from the master bath to prepare for the retiling. It is temporarily residing in the bath tub as you can see, but it looks like we are going to get a FREE new toilet, so this one will be on the curb soon. If you live in Austin and didn't know this, check this out! http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/watercon/sftoilet.htm The city will give you up to 3 free low flow toilets per household! We are only going to replace the one for now, but might do the other later on. Since the toilet has been removed from the floor, there is quite a lovely aroma coming up from the sewer. We had to stuff towels over the pipe to stop the smell from coming up and believe me it's GROSS!! Well that's all for tonight. My dad get here Wednesday and I have some cleaning to do before his arrival. Thanks for reading!

No comments: