Monday, September 29, 2008

ACL Festival 2008

Festival highlights with family, good friends, and good music!!!






Me with my cousins Chip and Vance.














Alison Krauss and Robert Plant were fantastic!!
















Marika and I having a blast!















Andrew and "Cousin Vance" showing off those (white) guns



















Band of Horses, awesome show!!














Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters!!
















Mason Jennings, my all time favorite musician!


















My mom's dress for the 70s, vintage hippie!!!































Xavier Rudd, one of my favorite shows of the festival!!!





















Aubs and Lindsey!
























Andrew and Jake hanging out















Enjoying Day 1 of the festival



















We wished Kyle was here but it was great having the three of us together!!
























It was a crazy weekend but incredibly fun! ACL is always a great time of year and one of the things that I love most about Austin. Aubrey came to town for the festival, so three of the original group of four were together for the Festival. This was the seventh ACL, but only my fifth. I'm proud to say I attended the very first, but sad that I missed two years while living in Virginia. I have to say, this year was better than last in my opinion and maybe one of my favorites of all the ones I've attended. Here is the (long) list of shows I was able to see, whether it was the entire set or mid-run across the park.

Friday:
What Made Milwaukee Famous
Vampire Weekend
Delta Spirit
Bobby Bare Jr.
Hot Chip
Slightly Stoopid
N.E.R.D.
Ryan Bingham
G. Love & Special Sauce
Alejandro Escavado
Donavan Frankenreiter

Saturday:
The Old 97s
The Fratellis
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears
MGMT
Mason Jennings
John Fogerty
Yonder Mountain String Band
The Black Keyes
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Beck

Sunday:
Belleville Outfit
The Kills
Mike Farris
Xavier Rudd
Silversun Pickups
Blues Traveler
Okkervil River
The Raconteurs
Gnarls Barkley
Band of Horses
Foo Fighters

The house has been neglected for several days since we had friends in town and spent 12 hours a day at the festival. One of the other weekend highlights other than the great music was spending time with our good friends Steve and Chrissy Holt who were in town from Boston. They made the drive down from Round Rock on Friday morning and we had a great breakfast and had several hours to visit before we headed out to the park. It was so good to see them! They are great friends and we are so glad that geographically we always end up in cities where we can see each other. We have been to visit them twice in Boston and always have a great time. I will start posting pictures of the house again in the next few days. It is starting to feel like home little by little. Check back soon for house updates!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We made it on the blog??? Whoo hoo! It was great to see you guys, too. Super jealous of your time at ACL.