Thursday, September 11, 2008

This One's For You, Dad!

The grout is done!! Now we have to babysit it for a few days and keep it wet, which means taking turns going to the house to spray it. After a couple days of keeping it wet and letting it set, then we can let it dry. By this weekend the tile project will be done, and I will be glad! The grouting went pretty quick; Andrew spread it and I went behind and cleaned up after him. It wasn't too bad of a job, but it was kind of like trying to wipe up an unending supply of mud off of a slippery surface. Anyway, once its dry we can go back and do more cleaning, but for now we think it looks pretty good. This project was really my dad's baby and the cause of his lack of sleep for several days. We are thankful for all the work he put into it, and hopefully we finished it right! Here are some of the pics!


























After finishing up the grout job we decided to play with some of the furniture in the family room. I think this is how we are going to leave it, but there are still a few more factors to consider, like tv placement and where the table will be placed in the adjoining breakfast area. Anyway, it was fun to look at it and really start to feel it come together. The furniture is big and the room isn't really big but I knew that going in to it. It has a cozy feel and it will be good for relaxing.




















In other news, Melanie Larson is coming to Austin! I haven't seen her since January and it's about time! She is coming to Texas for Catherine's wedding in October, and I had the genius idea of her flying into Austin and riding up to Dallas with us! I'm so excited that we will get extra time to hang out that weekend before the wedding!

Well I have to go over to the house in the morning before work to spray the grout, so it's off to bed for me! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Melanie L said...

Hooray! All thanks to you, my brilliant friend! I can't wait!!!