Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love You Tomorrow, You're Only a Day Away...

Tomorrow is the big day! I hope I can sleep tonight! I'm feeling pretty sleepy right now so hopefully I can get some rest. We are both going into work until noon and then heading up north for the closing at 1. We are both feeling pretty good about everything at this point, and a lot of the anxiety we had has been lifted, for several reasons. I think we might need to fire our real estate agent, though! Just kidding.... Paul told me the other day he reads this sometimes so I had to get a jab in at him. I guess our biggest anxiety at this point is getting TO the closing! It would sure help if Paul would e-mail the directions properly!!

We finally got an estimate from the contractor. The first estimate we got was from the partner of the friend-of-a-friend guy. He quoted us several THOUSANDS of dollars more than we ever dreamed of paying. Then later in the day his partner (the guy we actually know) called and gave me another estimate, one that was actually in the ballpark of what we were considering. I guess the first guy gave us a quote based on making a lot of money off of the deal, but Rob just wants to give us a good price and wasn't concerned about his cut. So that is good news, knowing we can get the work done for a reasonable amount. And it was one of the better conversations I've had with him, he wasn't pushy or opinionated, just nice.

I can't believe it's really happening tomorrow! I'm so excited to have the keys and get started on the whole thing! I'm sure I'll have lots to say tomorrow night, but for now I'm off to bed! Thanks for reading!

No comments: