Saturday, August 16, 2008

Let There Be Light

If you have ever been to Home Depot on a Saturday you may have experienced a lack of available sales associates and long wait times for getting answers to your questions, like we usually do. I don't know if there was a full moon tonight, or if it was the fact that I was a female by myself, or what the case was, but my during my solo trip to Home Depot today I had the undivided attention of four different employees who were extremely helpful and answered all my questions. When I got home I told Andrew he should never go with me again.

Today I ordered all the new light fixtures for the house. Right now the house has shiny brass accents on all the chandeliers and ceiling fans and it looks quite like 1993... the year the house was built. But very soon the house will have brand new brushed nickel fixtures everywhere you look and the lighting will look very sharp. This will definitely give the house an updated look and bring it in to the new millennium. I had a lot of fun picking these out, but I also never imagined I would care so much about what ceiling fans looked like. It's funny how your priorities change when you are facing homeownership, and the ugly ceiling fans you've lived with your whole rental life suddenly become a non-negotiable in your own house. Here are some pics of the current fixtures and what we will be replacing them with!






The chandelier and ceiling fan are for the formal living and dining room combo.












The breakfast area in the kitchen will get this cute 3 light casual chandelier.






The vanity lighting in all of the bathrooms will look like this!








Well there is a glimpse into what all the new fixtures will look like. I love the look of brushed nickel and it will definitely give the house a modern face lift.


In my journeys today I also found some great pineapple accents to use around the house! I was so excited to find these, and for so cheap! I love a good bargain! I also discovered a new store today, Garden Ridge. I have driven by it a hundred times but never been inside. That place is a gold mine! I could spend a lot more money in there, but you practically need a whole day to go through the store. This place is like Hobby Lobby or Michael's on steroids. It's HUGE. So I will leave you with these pictures: the pack of pineapple towels I found for $7.99 (I bought 3 packs!) and the framed pineapple prints for $12.99 each! Nothing like a good deal!




No comments: