Saturday, August 30, 2008

It Begins...

I am exhausted and it's 1:30 am so I'm not going to be long. Today was a long day! I woke up early enough to run by the house for 5 minutes to look at the paint colors in the morning light. This would have been a great idea except for the cloud cover we had this morning. Oh well. At least I got an idea of what the commute would be like from the new house at the time of the morning.

Work seemed to drag on (again) but I think it's going to feel that way for a while since I'm so distracted. Also it didn't help that is was the last day before a 3 day weekend. After work we came home for a bit, ate dinner and then headed over to Home Depot. We bought paint and lots of paint supplies, as well as some other things we needed. By the time we got back to the house it was about 9. We got to work taping off the trim, window frames, outlets, etc. Taping the ceiling was a pain in the butt because we have yucky popcorn ceilings and tape does not like to stick to them. We will be having the contractor scrape the popcorn ceilings and repaint them, but for the time being I didn't want to slop paint all over them so I was trying to be careful. While I began painting Andrew started experimenting with the baseboards. We have to pull them all off in the rooms where we are getting new floors. They look kind of crappy anyway so we think we are just going to pull them all off and replace them on the first level of the house. After some finagling he got the first baseboard off and after that it went like clock work. I got most of the living room done with the first coat of paint and he got all the baseboards off. We left the house around 12:30 impressed with how much we actually accomplished. I wish I had my camera over there with me tonight, but I will be sure to post some pics of our progress over the weekend. There is still a lot of work to be done!

No comments: