Monday, August 18, 2008

Garfield's Favorite Food

I made lasagna for dinner tonight. For some reason during the day while thinking about the lasagna I was going to be making I was reminded of Garfield. I used to love watching the Garfield cartoon show when I was a kid. If you followed Garfield at all you will remember how much he loved lasagna. When I was a kid I never questioned this, but today I started wondering why he loved lasagna so much and couldn't really make sense of it. Besides his love of lasagna, some other themes of the comic strip/ show were laziness, naps and hatred of diets. He probably wouldn't like the lasagna I make; I use fat free ricotta cheese, fat free mozzarella, ground turkey and whole grain pasta. I think its quite delicious and there is no guilt involved in eating this lasagna. I got the recipe from a cook book that I love, if you are interested let me know and I can send it to you. This lasagna is one of the reasons I was able to have that infamous $81 dollar grocery store trip. We will eat this for several lunches and at least one more dinner this week. It's strategy.

That's all the humor I have for tonight.

In the next few days I'm going to get all the ideas for the master bedroom up here but tonight I don't have the mental energy to do it. I'm feeling kind of stressed tonight and not in the mood to gush. Obviously there is a lot of anxiety and anticipation that goes along with closing on a house. I am interested to see what it will actually be like since we have heard so many different stories. Some people say it was easy, piece of cake, no problem. Then I've heard stories of people showing up to their closings and the paperwork being all wrong, wrong interest rate, an ARM instead of a fixed, etc. Some people say don't bother reading every little line, some people say make sure you read everything. I guess in those kind of situations I count on Andrew to make sure everything is as it should be, because it's too much for me to take it all in. I'm obviously excited to get in the house and get all my decorating ideas started. But really come August 27th when we close, I will be most glad to have THIS process behind me.

I think most of my audience is made up of females so you will probably all understand when I say I think I need a good cry (any males reading will think I'm crazy). I kind of feel it coming on and I'm sure sometime in the next week leading up to or on our closing day it will happen. Sometimes you just have to get in a good cry and you feel so much better afterwards, its like a release of all the stress built up inside you. Here's hoping it happens soon!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Sounds like we need a girl's night soon... Hang in there!