Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Project Runway Night!!

How could I be in a bad mood on Wednesday?? It's Project Runway night!!! I'm in the female's equivalent of a Fantasy Football league, except with Project Runway. The point systems is kind of elaborate so I won't go into too much detail about it, but basically you pick your top three designers and then two alternates. It's organized by a friend back home in Virginia, and there are 20 people playing. It's a 10 dollar buy in, so the winner gets 200 bucks!! I don't think it will be me since my number one pick was eliminated tonight but it's still fun to watch and keep up with who is winning in our game. This is my first time to play, but last season a guy actually won, and right now a guy is in the lead. Andrew likes to watch the runway show so he can make fun of all the designs. I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing next season! Time will tell. Another reason for being in a good mood... we got a free dinner tonight! We met our friend Randy who is in Georgetown visiting his uncle, and his uncle bought dinner! Definitely made the drive to 35 & 290 worth it!

Well tonight I figured I post my ideas for our master bedroom. A lot of the pieces will carry over from what we have now in the rental house, but it will get a sprucing up. Before we moved down here and I left my job at Country Curtains, I bought basically a whole new bedding set for our bedroom. I bought it with the hope we would own a house soon and I would use it in our new house, but in the meantime I wanted to use it in the rental house as well. The print is a blue and white toile and the quilt and accent pillows are a solid blue. Here is a picture of it in our bedroom right now.


We are using the color Honey Bear on the walls, which is a soft gold color. I love the color combo of the blue, white and gold. I think having a color behind it instead of just white will change the look of the toile, so even though I've lived in this room with this print for a year already, the new bedroom will have a whole new look to it. We will also be doing a sitting area in the master bedroom since it's such a big space and we need to fill it up with something. We have a loveseat that is very comfortable but doesn't look great or match anything so we bought a slip cover to put on it for the master bedroom. The wall in front of the sitting area will be painted white as an accent wall, so Honey Bear will only be on three walls. Here is what the slipcover looks like.

Unfortunately we don't have a whole matching bedroom set to use in this room. A few years ago we got this sleigh bed, which I LOVE but our bedroom was so tiny at the time, we didn't have room for any other furniture. Now this style is discontinued so I can't get the matching pieces. I would love two matching nightstands and a big dresser. Of course those things aren't really in the budget right now, but someday I will find ones that match the wood color and when the time is right they will be ours. Here are pictures of the master bedroom, bathroom and some of the fixtures, some from the listing and some that I have taken.



In the bathroom we are going to rip up the yucky carpet on the floor and lay new tile. I haven't picked out the exact shade for the bathroom walls, but I think I'll just see if at Home Depot they can mix a lighter shade of Honey Bear. We have the matching shower curtain in the blue toile and white towels (shown to the left), so I think the effect would be very pretty. I think a shade slightly lighter would be nice though, since the bathroom is a smaller room. We will be replacing all of the towel bars, towel ring, and other fixtures with brushed nickel ones. This is the vanity lighting we will use, and the ceiling fan for the master bedroom!


























Today I ordered paint samples directly from the Behr website. They sell small 8 oz. samples for you to paint a patch on your walls to see how you like it. Since I spent so long picking out paint, I'm really excited about seeing what the colors actually look like on the wall. I think it will be fun to paint a little patch and experiment! I'm hoping they come in by next Wednesday, because as soon as I get the keys to the house I want to try the samples out! I'm not wasting any time! The one week countdown has officially begun!

1 comment:

Lindsey Stokes said...

i have got to get in on this project runway thing next year!!!
last nights episode made me want to go to a drag queen show.