Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

Happy 2009! 2008 was a great year and we have been so blessed in many ways! We had a great time last night with friends, some good Austin music, and good barbecue. We started out at a friend's party, then went downtown to Stubbs for dinner and a show. Black Joe Lewis put on a really fun show, and I even got to talk to him for a minute! Much to Andrew's chagrin, I gave "Black Joe" Andrew's beer (I was holding it and he hadn't began to drink it yet) and toasted with him to a happy new year. Joe had the beer on stage with him and was drinking it between songs; I was so proud! Andrew pointed out that since he was the entertainment, he was probably getting free drinks from the bar, but in my excitement of talking to him I wasn't really thinking that through. After the show we went back to the party for a little while. Anyway, here are some pictures from our evening!



When we parked downtown for the show, there was shattered glass on the ground in the parking spot in front of us. It was kind of ominous considering recent events. Everything turned out ok.


Here is Black Joe holding the beer I gave him!


And drinking the beer I gave him!


Self portrait right after we rang in the New Year!



Second try


The whole band from above


The guitarist used to be quite attractive but he grew out his hair and got some weird facial hair.


Back at the party with Steph and Windy.


I went in for the high ten and Laynie totally dissed me.


Wow guys.


Windy trying to teach Andrew to two-step.



All the girls wanted to dance with Andrew... its ok, I'm cool with it ;)

No comments: