Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shower Time!

Wow! What a crazy and great weekend! Saturday was the big day, I hosted Lindsey's bridal shower here at our house, along with the help of 5 other wonderful hostesses. Everything looked SO great and we really went all out with the blue and brown theme! Her sister Bethany and I are the maid/ matron of honor and we had so much fun emailing back and forth, planning, coming up with different ideas, shopping, picking things out, etc etc! We had a pretty good turn out (although a few who had rsvp'd did not show up) and Lindsey got some great gifts. So here are pictures, some I took, some I stole from Lindsey's mom since she got some better shots than I did!
These are blue and brown chocolates that I molded with a kit from Hobby Lobby! Really pretty easy to make and they are so cute!

The blue where white chocolate and in the shape of "bride" hearts.



And the milk chocolate hearts were the groom!

Lisa and Chêz chatting at the beginning.


Lisa's little girl Asia came and she LOVED Macy!

Mingling with guests.


The cake was my pride and joy. Lucy's did a great job with my requests and the design and it came out beautiful! I wished we didn't have to eat it!

I found pictures on the internet of the pattern I wanted them to do around the cake. It's a similar kind of damask pattern as Lindsey's wedding invitations.

The candy buffet! We had all kinds of blue, brown and white candy and guests made up their own little take home favor boxes! I also found really cute blue and brown printed tissue paper and I had no idea how I was actually going to use it, but it looked really cute on the buffet table!

All of the delicious food! The other hostesses did a great job helping with all the food!!

Another view of the table. Notice the blue and brown damask pattern plates and napkins that Bethany got! So cute!


I found this little plaque and since it was in Lindsey's colors I couldn't pass it up! We used it to decorate on the table! Of course all of us ACU girls were princesses!

Great drinks! Coffee punch, sweet tea, water and best of all margaritas!!

Blue hydrangeas!

All the hostesses! Couldn't have done it without these girls!

And all of us with Lindsey!!

Gift time!


Macy of course needed to be right in the middle of everything so she decided to curl up on Bethany's lap!
Watching Lindsey open gifts!

Goofball cutting the cake! I wish we could have kept it forever!
Enjoying cake and chatting with guests

Lindsey and her mom! What a great picture!!

ACU girls!

Me and Bethany, the MOH's!!

Marika... my full time consultant on all matters!



On Sunday afternoon Lindsey had another shower, but this time I got to attend as a guest. We played the game where you dress a "model" up in a dress made of toilet paper and the bride gets to choose her favorite design. I was of course volunteered so here are some pics of my couture dress!


What a fun weekend, but man, I was ready for some sleep when it was all over! The wedding is just about two months away! I am really excited for the week of the wedding but I'm already starting to wonder... what will I have to keep my imagination occupied after all the festivities are done and all the showers and parties are planned? I guess I will have to come up with more house projects!!

2 comments:

Lindsey Stokes said...

First of all i loved my shower!!!!! It was amazing and I am so blessed to have friends like you in my life. Second I think this is the longest you have gone without blogging...so sad, you are never this low on my blog feed

Anonymous said...

Am I going to have to resort to joining Facebook so I can see what's new with you guys????????