Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ch-ch-changes

Just because I haven't posted much lately, doesn't mean we haven't been doing anything! The baseboards are entirely finished in one room!! The remaining room is about half done and it is much smaller and doesn't have tricky angles so we should be able to knock the work out in one night. It feels so good to have the end in sight! Now I have to say, we still have to do the baseboards upstairs in our master bathroom, but they aren't as high of a priority right now. Since I am hosting a shower here at the house in ELEVEN (can't believe it!) days, getting the downstairs area done was top of the list. After the baseboards are done, we have to lay the transitions between the wood and tile and do a few touch up jobs here and there, but the downstairs is so close to DONE-SKY!

We've also been hard at work packing up the Christmas decorations and cleaning up after the holiday mess. Putting everything away is so much less fun than putting it up. The decorating is so fun and festive and then after New Years rolls around you just wish it would put itself away. Anyway, here are pics of the un-Christmafied house and the beautiful new baseboards in the formal living/ dining room!








And here is a runner I got for the walkway, which I love and is the perfect colors for the room! I'm thinking about going back and getting the larger matching rug to go under the dining table.


And here is the area rug we got for the family room. At first I was really enjoying the hardwood and didn't want to cover it up, but I finally gave in and decided it would be good to cover at least part of it.



This evening while hard at work packing up Christmas and cleaning, I decided to unpack my grandma's wedding china that my mom gave to me. My mom didn't really want to hold on to it anymore, and I wasn't about to let it get away so I claimed it. Unfortunately we didn't have anywhere to put it for a long time so it's been in boxes since we moved to Texas and even before that, in Connecticut at my parent's house. Well it's finally out of the box and I'm glad to report none of it was broken in the several moves. I love the antique look of it and think it's so great to have this! My grandparents were married on June 17, 1940 so the china is almost 70 years old.




One last recent addition, we got a dog bed that was supposed to be for Beamer but as you can see, Macy is more than happy to share it with him, or take over the whole thing for herself.




At least they can share nicely!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Things are looking REALLY GOOD. And I am so glad my parents' wedding china made it without a glitch. See you soon