Wednesday, January 14, 2009

DONESKY!!

Transitions and baseboards are DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check it out!!




Beautiful transitions from tile to wood!! Macy wanted to pose :)



Baseboards as far as the eye can see!!!


Ok, so there are a few places we haven't finished, but they are little and not really noticeable. We haven't done the baseboards around the fridge because we haven't really figured out how to do that. I'm guessing we'd have to pull the fridge out into the middle of the room so we can get back there, which mean's we'd probably have to unplug it. Really only a couple inches show around the fridge so we aren't in a huge hurry to do it, but eventually it will have to get done so it all looks uniform.


We also haven't put the transition down for the door to the half bath downstairs. There is still a gap there between the tile and wood, but its not extremley obvious. We started to cut the piece to go here but Andrew made a boo boo and cut it wrong so we had to scrap that. We need to go to Home Depot and buy one last lenght of the t-molding so we can finish this.

Also, now that we've put on all these shiny, new, baseboards they make the old trim look really dull. We used a brighter white than what was already in the house so at places where the baseboards meet a door frame (look at the third picture above) there is a definite contrast. Now I'm going to have to go back and repaint all the door frames, window sills, stair railings, etc. That will happen later on. We still need to caulk the baseboards and touch up the nail holes. I'm just glad to have them on all the walls!

We've really made huge progress in the past few weeks and the bridal shower this weekend has been a big motivator. I wish I could talk more about plans for the shower but I know Lindsey reads this and I can't give anything away! After the shower I will post lost of pics of everything! I am so excited about this weekend and am hoping everything goes well. One of the reasons I wanted a house so badly was so I could entertain and do things like this so I'm really glad to be able to host the shower for Lindsey!

No comments: