Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas Came Early!

About a month ago my mom asked if there were any items from Target that we wanted for Christmas, things that she could order online and have shipped directly to us since mailing gift can get complicated. The only thing other than household items or toiletries that we really wanted was two nightstand that we had seen on the website that we liked. Since we moved in about two months ago, we have been making due with no nightstand since I banished the old, hand-me-down, mis-matching ones from the new house. Not only did they look terrible with the wood color of the bed, they didn't even match each other. I have been getting by with a wooden bar stool and Andrew has been putting his clock and other items in a pile on the floor. We had seen the ones we liked on Target.com but for Target they were kind of on the higher end of furniture pieces, and we hadn't resolved ourselves to suck it up and pay for two. When my mom called and told me she would go ahead and buy us both(!) for Christmas/ a house warming gift, I was really excited! They were on sale at the time and had an offer for free shipping, so she wanted to go ahead and order them then. We got them in the mail the day we left for our Virginia trip so I wasn't able to open them or take a look at them. Last night and tonight I worked on putting them together (while Andrew watched tv...) and I love the way they look!










I'm so glad to have nighstands now! These were the final pieces we needed to make our bedroom complete. They are a pretty close match to the color wood of the bed and have a similar style. I'm glad Christmas came early this year! Thanks Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome and I am glad you are happy with them. Merry Christmas!!!!

Melanie L said...

Our nightstands are from Target too! :) Love that store.