Wednesday, September 23, 2009

If I Hurry I Can Still Make Cheyenne...

This post is long overdue, but here it is! Mel beat me to blogging about our fun filled weekend in Cheyenne, but hey, she gets to work from home :) Labor Day Weekend I hopped on a plane and flew to Denver (the closest aiport to Cheyenne) to visit Mel, one of my BFFs, and her husband Matt. I have to say, there is not much going on in Wyoming, but we had a great time anyway. I think one of the nicest things about being with people who you've known for a long time is that it's like picking up right where you left off. It doesn't matter what the scenery is: college house, weddings all over the country, Austin or Cheyenne, you're going to have a good time. And while Cheyenne isn't a booming metropolis, I had a blast hanging out with an old friend. It was also really great to spend time with Matt because up until this trip, I had only spent time around him the weekend of their wedding and when we met for dinner one time for about 2 hours, which didn't total a lot of quality conversation time. Matt is a funny guy! AND also a very tolerant husband, since he had to put up with the two of us and our girly banter for the the weekend. One of the highlights of the weekend might have been beating Matt at one round of Wii Resort Swordfighting... that was awesome!


Here are a few other highlights:

We went to Target one evening and parked next to a car with not only a Texas license plate, but dealer plate frame that said it was from Abilene! I don't know how Mel noticed this, but she about lost it when she did, so we had to take a picture with it. We never found the people, but it made for a great picture.

After a day of shopping and lunching in Ft. Collins, CO we came home with some similar clothing... ok, well I had already bought the shirt at Old Navy in Austin and had brought it with me. Mel and I ran across them again while shopping and so the idea for this picture was born.

Ok, maybe the BEST part about the whole trip was that we went to Texas Roadhouse not once, but twice! This really was like old times! We used to love this place in college (I even worked there for a little while)! One time in college while Mel's dad was in town, he took the two of us out to dinner at Roadhouse and we ate so many baskets of rolls that he was embarassed of us. :)


On the day I flew out we stopped in Ft. Collins for the second time to get pedis on the way to the Denver Airport. I don't think Mel has seen this picture I took of her, so it's making it's Internet debut right now. Mel told the ladies at the nail place that her husband was part Japanese (which he is) and they were SO fascinated and asked a lot of questions. I was laughing in my head as she chatted with them the whole time we were there and I sat quietly and read my magazine and watched the tv. I guess that's the difference between us!




We also hung out with lots of their friends from church on several occasions through out the weekend, played a lot of Guitar Hero, Rock Band and other Wii games, went to see Julie and Julie (which I loved), walked around and ate lunch in downtown Denver, watched a lot of HGTV and got caught in a torrential downpour just to name a few other activities. On top of having a lot of fun with Mel, it was great to get out of town for a few days and not be in the office! Once in a while having a 4 day weekend is really nice! Thanks Mel and Matt for a great weekend!


1 comment:

Melanie L said...

Haha, I'm just now reading your blog. :) We had too much fun! I LOVE YOU!