Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back to Square One

Well we're back at it. As if picking out paint colors the first time around wasn't challenging enough, we're doing it again. I must be crazy. I thought I could come up with an easy solution, but of course that was foolish. Somehow I came up with the idea that we should paint our master bathroom the same tan-khaki color that is in our formal living/ dining room and upstairs hallway. I thought, "We like this color, it's safe, it's neutral, we're used to it, it will look fine." Since we had some of that color left over, I thought I'd try out a patch on the wall. Turns out I didn't like it at all in the bathroom. So I tried two other similar colors we had that I had tested when we were picking the color for the dining room in the first place. Didn't like those either.


So I narrowed it down to two hues that I thought would work: either a sage-y green gray or a soft brown cocoa-y mocha color.
After collecting about a billion color samples from Home Depot of any colors even close to either of these, I think I have decided on one.
It's called Pure Earth and it's in the Behr Premium line. We used Behr paint before and one of the things I liked was that you could order small samples online to try out. Unfortunatley, with the Premium paint you can't get samples online so I'm going to have to get the smallest quantity I can at the store and actually try it on the wall. I really hope I like it because I do not want to go through the back and forth of agonizing over paint colors again!
We've got another full weekend coming up, Aunt Pat and Uncle Sam are coming to town and will be stay with us for two nights. Maybe we can squeeze some trips to Home Depot in there somewhere!

No comments: