Friday, September 25, 2009

Bathroom Facelift Part 1

We've begun work on the bathroom, and by work I really mean just made decisions and bought some things. The actual "work" will begin tomorrow. Here's the skinny:

So we picked out the color Pure Earth from Behr, and much to my delight I was wrong about the samples and you can buy them at the store! So earlier this week I tried the color out in several spots in the bathroom and we really like the color.


I'm excited to see what the bathroom is going to look like with this totally new color. I like the contrast of the white towels against the brown color and the way the shower curtain looks next to it. The pictures never really show the color very well; it looks pretty gray in these shots but it's definitely a cocoa brown color.

We also decided to get rid of our mirror and replace it with two smaller mirrors in front of each sink. I don't have a problem with the big mirror, I just felt like since everything else in the bathroom was getting a face lift, it would look silly to have the standard mirror from the builder with no frame or any character. Getting a custom cut mirror and frame would cost more than we were willing to pay, so we found some mirrors tonight that we are going to go back and buy soon. We taped off the dimensions to give ourselves an idea of what it would look like and I think we will be happy with the change. It's still plenty of mirror space, but I think it will look a litle more elegant.


We also picked out some hardware to put on the vanity drawers and doors for another small update. The knobs will be for the drawers and the handles will be for the cabinets. I really wish we could get a whole new vanity but we really don't want to spend the money on it so these will have to do for now.

We're trying to pace ourselves and budget for some of these purchases so it will be a few weeks before we buy the new faucets, mirros and get the base boards done. Hopefully by the end of this weekend we will have at least finished the painting and put all the knobs! Check back in a few days for more photos!

No comments: