Sunday, October 5, 2008

Well we definitely had a busy but productive weekend! Friday night we made a trip out to the Salt Lick in Driftwood for some delicious barbecue and birthday celebrating in honor of my friend Eric from work/ ACU. There was a huge group of people there for the festivities, but us work people mostly stuck together. Since it's "family syle" it's basically all you can eat, and we ate a lot. We also brought some leftovers home with us because you can never have too much barbecue.

Saturday I did a bunch of shopping/ errands while Andrew watched some football in the morning. In the afternoon we made trips to Lowe's and Home Depot because we haven't bought out either store yet so there still continues to be things that I need. I bought a bunch of house plants which kind of makes me feel like an old lady, but at the same time I really like having them around the house and I think they make it feel more homey. The one I was most excited about was my tree I really wanted and I LOVE! I am such a nerd. But anyway, now we have a tree next to the dining table and I'm going to treat this thing like my baby and hopefully it will live a long and healthy life. There are pictures of all the plants in the slideshow below.

The other thing we bought (ordered) at Home Depot is a new oven!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!! We planned to eventually replace the oven but thought we would wait till next year to do it. The current oven is really old, I'm guessing it's original to the house so like 15 years old. It needed to be calibrated because the temperature was off by like 50 degrees, which obviously makes a big difference when you're cooking. Andrew was going to do some research and attempt to do this by himself, but since we have been busy with other things it hasn't happened yet. All the cooking that I have done has been stove top since the oven isn't really operating up to par. Anyway, I was really just wanting to get a new oven since the old one looks like its from the colonial era and works like it too. Well last week Andrew returned all the left over wood from the floors to Home Depot and they credited him 400 dollars which we did not expect! We are also about to get back our security deposit and pet deposit from the duplex which will be a pretty good chunk of change. Basically we had some cash coming our way that we had not expected to have, so I took it as a sign that we were meant to buy a new oven. It took a little convincing, but eventually Andrew saw the sign also and we took the plunge and ordered it. It's going to be delivered new weekend in all it's shiny stainless steel glory, and I cannot wait!! It's a LG gas oven, so it will match our LG fridge. Here it is!!




Over the course of Saturday and Sunday (today) we got some things hanging on the walls so it's starting to look like a real house. I got up the curtains on one window and the formal sitting area is looking really cute now. We also painted the trim for the door frame and nailed it up with the nail gun. Andrew put in a few nails at an angle, effectively nailing the door shut which was hilarious/ infuriating. He had a better attitude about it than me. He was going to attempt to saw his way out but quickly realized that would tear up the new door we have worked to so hard to get in and finish. He stopped that plan pretty quick. My plan was to yank the door open, which worked and only caused a tiny bit of damage but no one will ever notice... anyway, we have a door with a frame and we can walk in and out of it so we're all happy.

It's after 11 so I should think about heading to bed. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Enjoy the pictures!



No comments: