Monday, October 6, 2008

Pineapples Up!

This will be a quick one, but at least I have a few photos to share! I tried not to overwork myself tonight because I wanted to enjoy this evening, but I couldn't help doing a few things. I had a great dinner with a small group of ladies from church, and will begin going to a small bible study with these ladies every Monday night. It is a very informal time of sharing, eating and visiting, so I am looking forward to these weekly meetings already after the first.

When I got home I decided I'd put up a few of the pineapple valances, since I've had them in my possession for a week now and have only put up one. I've been dying to see how they look in the rest of the house. I put up one on the window in the breakfast area and one over the kitchen sink and I am loving them! They add such a cute touch to the house! Tomorrow night I will put up the remaining two in the family room. The first floor is so close to being done!!





The other thing that I kind of alluded to but never actually acknowledged on here is that the wood floors are OFFICIALLY done!! The small remaining square of concrete at the bottom of the stairs was covered this weekend, and we have NO MORE FLOORING TO DO!!! I am so happy with how the wood turned out and still kind of in disbelief that we did all this ourselves. If anyone was every considering doing wood floors themselves or paying for installation I would HIGHLY recommend doing it yourself! Installation is a racket!!! If you can do it yourself and make it look this good I can't imagine every paying thousands of dollars to have someone else do it! Sheesh! Won't it look great with actual baseboards?!?! ;)





Well that's all for tonight! Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

No comments: