Saturday, August 29, 2009

Catching Up

I promised I would be better about getting back into posting and then I let it slide again. Here are a few highlights from the past month:
  • The last weekend of July was a busy one for us. We attended the wedding of a coworker/ college classmate on Friday the 27th, the on Saturday the 28th I helped host a baby shower for Jaime, our old neighbor. Then that evening we went to see the Rocketboys play a show at Stubbs. It was a fun weekend but I was glad when Sunday rolled around and I could catch up on some sleep!

  • On August 6th we celebreated our fourth wedding anniversary. Andrew did a very sweet thing and surprised me at work with some delicious chocolate covered fruit.



The funny part of this story is that before he went to Edible Arrangements and bought these, he attempted to make chocolate covered fruit at home by himself. The few strawberries he was able to make tasted delicious, but he burned a lot of the chocolate and had some problems with the technique. It was very sweet of him to do this and I feel bad it didn't turn out as well as he had hoped. As a result, we had a TON of fruit to eat that week. :) We celebrated that evening by eating dinner at Kobe Steakhouse, a Japanese hibachi style restaurant where the prepare the food at your table. I feel like these four years have flown by and gone so fast, but at the same time I can hardly remember life before we were married.
  • The weekend of the 22nd was a busy one for us again. Our friends Ellen and Jeff reserved a party barge for a big group of people to go out on Lake Travis and celebrate Jeff's birthday. It was really fun!! We were on the boat for 4 hours but I wished it could have been all day. The water felt great and we had a blast hanging out. After the boat party we went home for a few hours to rest and get cleaned up and then we were off to a barbecue at Andrew's boss's house. Both parties had been in the works for several months so we were glad that neither one interfered with the other despite being on the same day.




  • August 27th marked one year of homeownership for us. It was funny to actually go back and read my blog posts from the few days leading up to the closing. I remember how gung ho we were to get to work and start all our projects on the house. Now the thought of all that work makes me so tired I need a nap. We "celebrated" this milestone by driving down to San Antonio to see Andrew's dad. He was in town for work so we made the trek down to have dinner with him.

  • Right now we are working on some fun projects in our room. Nothing major, just rearranging furniture and maybe adding a few new things. We have this big master bedroom but the way we had the furniture arrnaged made it hard to really utilize the space. Hopefully now we will have a more practical sitting area where we can relax, watch tv or read a book. We are planning to get a new tv for a our room, a big ottoman to go with the love seat, probably a floor lamp, maybe a vanity table, etc. Once it's all put together I'll get pictures up on here. I'm exciting about making it happen because it will give me a place to hang out when Andrew is playing his video games on the tv downstairs!

Next weekend (Labor Day weekend) I am going to visit Mel in Cheyenne! I am sooo excited to see her and see their house and all the work they have been doing! I'm also excited to get the heck out of here for a few days and not have to work! A four day weekend will be awesome! Maybe if you're lucky I will actually post some pictures from the trip!

2 comments:

Chez said...

Wow, you guys are always so busy! Congrats on the one year of home ownership! It's cool you're working on your bedroom - I'll need to do that eventually but right now living room comes first, I guess. :) Have SO much fun with Mel and give her a big hug for me!

flower said...

you can enjoy